Affidea Ireland is part of the Affidea Group – Europe’s leading healthcare diagnostics imaging company. With c300 staff, the business operates diagnostic imaging and minor injuries centres around the country, offering a broad range of state of the art diagnostic imaging and healthcare services to the public, insurers, employers and other organisations.
- To undertake Radiographic and Imaging examinations as required.
- Willing to train in MRI.
- To maintain a high standard of Radiography.
- To ensure that the three principles of radiation protection, namely justification, optimisation (ALARA) and dose constraints/limits are adhered to. To be familiar with S.I.189 of 1988, S.I 43 of 1991 and S.I 125 of 2000. Council directive 96/29 Euratom Basic safety standards for the protection of health workers and the general public against the dangers arising from Ionising Radiation and Council directive 97/43 Euratom on the health protection of individuals against the dangers of ionising radiation in relation to medical exposure.
- To take part in routine daily inspection of equipment and quality assurance procedures. To report any defects or problems either directly to the RSM or Clinical Specialist in the area where working.
- To be aware of own limitations in terms of expertise and experience and not to be afraid to ask for assistance or advice from more senior staff.
- To follow directions of RSM, Consultant Radiologist, Clinical Specialist, more experienced staff and departmental protocols where applicable.
- To keep up-to-date with current techniques and developments in Radiographic and imaging procedures and to take part in in-service training as required. To actively participate in Continued Professional Development.
- To take responsibility for the general cleanliness, tidiness and safety of the Department, with specific responsibility for their own work area. To familiarise themselves with current infection control procedures.
- To be familiar with, and abide by, all Health and Safety Rules and recommendations
- BSc in Diagnostic Imaging or equivalent recognised qualification.
- CORU Registration
- MRI or CT experience desirable
- Patient Focus
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Excellent planning, priority and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability and approachability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comply with the company policy on complaints and patient services.
- Ensure adherence to all policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines relation to professional practice including the maintenance of Quality Assurance standard.
- The employee must be physically capable of carrying out all assigned duties:
- Emotional and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org