Overall Objective is to provide professional, caring, high quality scanning services and to ensure the privacy, comfort and safety of all patients.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To perform MRI examinations under the remit of the scope of services offered by the Centre as well as cover in other Radiology areas such as x-ray and DXA if required by the company.
- To be professionally responsible for all aspects of your own work.
- To maintain the highest standards of patient care and report any discrepancies found in that regard. Be responsible for specific aspects of service activities as may be delegated from time to time the Clinical Specialist, Clinical Lead or RSM.
- Be conversant with, and observe, MRI safety and radiation safety local and national/international rules.
- Make appropriate use of radiation protective devices provided if working in applicable areas.
- Observe departmental policy regarding radiological examinations of women of reproductive capacity.
- Accept only those request, which are property authorised in accordance with established criteria, and where requests are for examinations that will be of benefit to the patient.
- Ensure that patient understands the nature of the examination, and that the patients consent is obtained prior to carrying out any examination.
- Assist in the safe transfer and movement of patients under your care.
- Strive to achieve optimum quality images first time i.e. careful consideration to patient identification, justification of examination, relevant clinical history, preparation of patient, patient positioning, choice of imaging equipment, use of anatomical markers, selection of exposure factors, image processing, identification and labelling of images.
- Ensure that each examination is fully completed, images sent to PACS and exam closed on RIS.
- Keep a record of every radiological examination carried out on RIS, noting radiation doses and other statistics where appropriate.
- Ensure CPD is continuous and records maintained for renewal of CORU registration.
- Comply with departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in the staff development and individual performance review process.
Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years satisfactory post qualification experience (including at least 2 years in MRI)
- BSc in Diagnostic Imaging or equivalent recognised qualification
- CORU Registration
- Post Graduate qualification in MRI desirable but no essential
- Certification of Competence in administering intravenous injections.
- Comply with the company policy on complaints and patient services.
- Ensure adherence to all policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines relation to professional practice including the maintenance of Quality Assurance standards.
- The employee must be physically capable of carrying out all assigned duties:
- Emotional and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position.
- Strength sufficient to: lift some patients, move heavy equipment on wheels (up to approximately 500 lbs), and to move patients in wheelchairs and stretchers.
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Excellent planning, priority and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability and approachability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Patient Focus