Affidea Ireland is part of the Affidea Group, which is the largest and most successful pan-European medical service provider specialising in diagnostic investigation, clinical laboratories and cancer treatment services.
- Affidea entered the Irish market in 2007 through the acquisition of MRI Ireland.
- Affidea Ireland operates ten state-of-the-art diagnostic centres – four in Dublin (Dundrum, Northwood, Meath Primary Care and a new flagship clinic in Tallaght); one in Cork city with ultrasound services in Mallow Primary Care Centre; and centres in Waterford, Kilkenny, Naas, Letterkenny and Northern MRI in Belfast.
- We also work in partnership with hospitals to provide MRI services in Sligo General Hospital and the Ulster Independent Clinic in Belfast.
- Affidea ExpressCare was launched as part of Affidea’s outpatient strategy to provide outstanding patient alternatives for minor injuries and minor illnesses, which should not need to take place in a traditional, highly pressurised hospital setting.
- Affidea ExpressCare provides patients with an alternative to busy Emergency Departments, combined with the added benefit of the full suite of Affidea diagnostic medical imaging, all within the same clinic. This significantly benefits the health system, freeing up capacity for those most in need of care.
- ExpressCare in Cork, Northwood and Tallaght provide access to outstanding healthcare, without an appointment.
- Affidea ExpressCare is committed to providing an efficient service, including seeing patients within a one-hour turnaround time and children over one-year of age can attend.
- ExpressCare operates independently, as is the case with Affidea Diagnostics, providing services to all patients who attend on a fee-for-service basis or, alternatively for patients with Private Health Insurance with Laya Healthcare and Irish Life Health, Affidea ExpressCare is a covered benefit.
- Follow @AffideaIreland on Facebook and Twitter for daily news.
In 2015, Euromedic Ireland re-branded to Affidea. Our new name reflects the core values with which we work, and represent the foundation on which the Affidea Group has grown to become Europe’s largest and most trusted provider of diagnostic imaging and outpatient services. They are the same values on which affidea will continue to grow and evolve:
Affinity with doctors and patients.
Trust and fidelity in everything we do.
Constant progress through ideas and innovation.
There is nothing more important than health.
That’s why people need health professionals who know what they’re doing
and, perhaps more importantly, who care about what they do.
Patients trust and rely on their doctors.
Doctors trust and rely on us.
We cannot betray this.
Technology is doing more for health today than it has ever done before.
And technology will do even more for health tomorrow.
We strive to provide the best technology – today and tomorrow.
We seek the best medical professionals. We develop them.
And we establish the highest standards and procedures to ensure that we use technology safely, effectively and efficiently.
We exchange best practice through our extensive global network and affiliations.
We want to be the best at what we do.
We care about how patients feel.
That’s why we make every visit as comfortable as we can.
Patients deserve to know what we do, how we do it, and, most importantly why we do it.
We share our knowledge.
We are passionate about health.
And compassionate towards people.
Because nothing is more important than health.
Affidea Ireland works with the best qualified medical and technical professionals to maintain our commitment to the provision of a personalised service and patient well-being. In 2010, Affidea’s clinics became the first diagnostic imaging centres worldwide to receive the Standard in Ambulatory Care from the Joint Commission International. The JCI is an international body that regulates quality in ambulatory care throughout hospitals worldwide. The accreditation was awarded to Euromedic Ireland in recognition of our commitment to excellence in patient care and quality following an extensive survey of our procedures, policies and services.
- We will be punctual and conduct scans at the scheduled time where appointments have been made.
- Our team will be welcoming and respect your rights to be treated with dignity and respect your beliefs and values.
- We offer our services to you without regards of colour, sex, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, national or ethnic origin, religion or source of payment. We will also endeavour to ensure that our centres are accessible for people with disabili-ties and others with specific needs.
- Our team will be efficient at all times.
- Our team will always act with your safety and comfort in mind and will encourage your participation by providing appropriate information regarding any of your con-cerns.
- We will provide comfortable facilities for waiting and will make sure that our facili-ties meet health and safety standards.
- You have the right to refuse our service but should return to your GP or consultant to discuss the implications of this decision.
- You have the right to every consideration of your privacy concerning your care, in-cluding sources of payment and treatment. All communications and records relating to your care will be treated as confidential by Affidea Ireland staff. Examinations will be conducted discreetly and handled confidentially, giving reasonable visual and auditory privacy where possible.
- You have the right to have your medical records read only by individuals involved directly in your care, by individuals monitoring quality or by individuals authorised by law or regulation.
- Affidea Ireland commit to handling complaints objectively, compassionately and promptly.
- Answer Questions Fully
You or your designated representative have the responsibility to read and familiarise yourselves with the information leaflets and to complete safety questionnaires accurately for your own safety.
- Co-operate and communicate with providers
You have the responsibility to participate in and to request further information concerning anything you do not understand.
- Respect and consideration
You have a responsibility to respect the rights, privacy and confidentiality of other patients. You have a responsibility to notify your provider as soon as possible if you must be late or cancel a scheduled appointment.
- Financial Obligations
You have the responsibility for the costs of your visit. You are responsible for assuring the financial obligations of your care are fulfilled. You have a responsibility to ad-here to the guidelines of your insurance coverage regarding referral policies.