Data Privacy Notice for Recruitment
Affidea is an ethical healthcare service provider. “Affidea” (“we” or “us” or “our”) refers to the entity/ies identified in the job advertisement as hiring company.. We encourage you to read this data privacy notice, so you understand how we will process your personal data for the purposes of recruitment process at Affidea.
Lawfully processing your personal data
We are committed to processing, protecting and respecting all personal data about you and we are required to do so by law. Our recruiters are subject to duty of confidentiality. Your personal data is stored securely in our recruitment application. We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Your personal data is processed under the legitimate interests pursued by Affidea, which is leading us to find the talents for the positions we are hiring for and process candidate’s data during the recruitment process. By applying for a job, you acknowledge and accept that Affidea will process your personal data as per this Data Privacy Notice and will retain it for 180 days. The processing of your relevant personal data is necessary for us to assess whether you fit the job we are hiring for.
Sources of personal data
If you are applying to a job advertisement published by us, we obtain your personal data from you or from other data controllers (such as professional data base providers or recruiters). After your application, we may obtain information about you from professional social media websites (such as LinkedIn) and other sources on Internet. We only contact your previous or current employer and colleagues, if you allow us to do so by providing contact details.
The recruitment process may be initiated by us by contacting you directly. We contact potential job applicants directly based on publicly available information, information from professional social media platforms (such as LinkedIn), professional data base providers or recommendations, referrals.
Types of personal data we process
If you are applying to a job advertisement published by us or by a recruitment agency acting on our behalf, we process the personal data you share in your CV and during interviews (especially contact data, education, qualification and employment history), proofs of your eligibility to be hired for the job, and publicly available personal data. If we contact your previous or current employer and colleagues, we also process the personal data they share with us. You will be informed in advance if we wish to carry out any background or criminal checks.
If the recruitment process is initiated by us by contacting you directly, we only process your publicly available data, name and contact details and until you express your interest for the position we are hiring for, or the lack of it.
If you express that you are interested, your personal data is then processed as if you applied directly for a job. If you express that you are not interested, or we cannot reach you, your personal data will be immediately erased.
Purposes for processing personal data
We process personal data only for the purposes of the recruitment process. During recruitment we will process your personal data to review and assess your skills and experience. We will set up interviews, conduct the interviews, run background and or professional qualification checks, get references from your previous employers, colleagues.
Should you be successful, and we offer you a job, a new data privacy notice will be issued for the term of your employment. The new data privacy notice will contain the relevant information and lawful basis under which we process your personal data during the term of your employment.
Who we share your personal data with
We share your personal data regarding the position you applied for (covering the job and required skills and experience) with the referees you provided. In case of specific positions your career data will be shared with other members of the Affidea Group during recruitment, if it is needed for the assessment of your compatibility to the role. We are at your disposal to provide you further information about this. Should you accept our offer for a position, we share your personal data with the competent tax and social security authorities to allow your start in your new job.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection legislation you have the following rights.
1) Right to request access to your personal data. It means that you are entitled to obtain a confirmation that your data is being processed and you have admittance to your personal data processed by us and other supplementary information.
2) Right to request rectification of your data. It means that you are entitled to have your personal data corrected, completed if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
3) Right to request erasure of your data. It means that you are entitled to have your personal data deleted in specific circumstances, if there is no for lawful reason for continuing our processing.
4) Right to object to us processing your data. It means that in some cases you have the right to challenge the processing of data Affidea carries out.
5) Right to request us to restrict the processing. It means that you may request to ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data. Your valid request is leading to that we will be permitted to store your personal data, but not further process it.
6) Right to data portability. It allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. You are entitled to move, copy or transfer personal data easily in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
If you wish to exercise your rights or wish to have further information about your rights above, please contact our Data Protection Officer (you can see contact details below). If you are unhappy with the way we process your data, you have a right to make a complaint to your local Supervisory Authority however, we encourage you to raise any issues with us in the first instance.
If you have any questions
Please contact the Data Protection Officer at [***] or ask our recruiter for further information if you do not understand anything or have questions.